Sacramento, CA – The Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) today announced the creation of the California Export Training Network, a multi-organizational partnership focused on better preparing California’s small- to medium-sized businesses enter and expand into international markets. Trainings will include market assessments, transportation logistics, financing and methods of payment, and identifying new buyers.
“California is the world leader in innovation and leads the nation in startups. Small businesses are the backbone of our economy and when a small business thrives, California thrives,” said Kaina Pereira, Deputy Director for Business Investment Services. “Trade promotion programs give our California businesses the job skills and training needed to compete for and maintain global market share.”
Exports are an essential part of California’s vibrant and diverse economy. In 2019, California businesses exported $173 billion in goods to 229 countries. Hundreds of thousands of California jobs are supported by exports – quality jobs that pay above the national average. There are more than 70,000 exporters in California, the vast majority of which are small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
“This network creates a business service delivery system that leverages federal, state, and regional funding and expertise for the benefit of California businesses,” said Diana Dominguez, Special Advisor for International Affairs and Trade. “We welcome our partners, who are joining the California Export Training Network.”
Export Training Network Members:
- California Manufacturing Technology Consulting (CMTC)
- Economic Development Collaborative (EDC), Ventura County
- Fresno Center for International Trade Development
- Inland Empire Center for Entrepreneurship, CSU San Bernardino
- International Trade Center powered by the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios CCD Center for International Trade Development
- Mission College Business and Workforce Engagement
- Northern California World Trade Center
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC), Butte College
- North Coast Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- Tuolumne County Economic Development Department
- World Trade Center San Diego
- U.S. Commercial Service, U.S. Department of Commerce
- U.S. Small Business Administration Office of International Trade
- Export Import Bank of the United States
- California Department of Food and Agriculture
- California Office of the Small Business Advocate
- California Small Business Development Centers
A calendar of our statewide export trainings will be posted and updated here in real-time on our website.
For questions or to request to join the California Export Training Network, please contact the Network Manager:
Special Advisor for International Affairs and Trade
Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development
The Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) serves as the State of California’s leader for job growth and economic development efforts. GO-Biz offers a range of services to business owners including: attraction, retention and expansion services, site selection, permit streamlining, clearing of regulatory hurdles, small business assistance, international trade development, assistance with state government, and much more. For more information visit our website.
Assistant Deputy Director of Communications
Phone: (916) 204-2107