California Community Reinvestment Grants Program
6-10-2021: The Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development is pleased to announce the Fiscal Year 2020-21 grant recipients for the California Community Reinvestment Grants (CalCRG) program. The names of the grant recipients, amount of each grant, and other information can be viewed here. We anticipate issuing our next grant solicitation in late summer of 2021.
- FY 2020-21 Grant Solicitation
- Online Application Portal User Guide
- Technical Assistance/Program Overview Presentation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Payee Data Record – STD 204 (only for community-based nonprofit organizations)
- Government Agency Taxpayer ID Form (only for local health departments)
- Collaborative Application Declaration (only for collaborative applications)
The CalCRG program was included in The Adult Use of Marijuana Act (Proposition 64), which was approved by California voters on November 8, 2016. In accordance with the proposition, GO-Biz will award grants to local health departments and qualified community-based nonprofit organizations to support the following activities for communities disproportionately affected by past federal and state drug policies, also known as the War on Drugs (WoD):
- Job placement
- Mental health treatment
- Substance use disorder treatment
- System navigation services
- Legal services to address barriers to reentry
- Linkages to medical care
The mission of the CalCRG program is to advance health, wellness, and economic justice for populations and communities harmed by the WoD. The CalCRG program’s guiding principles are that its efforts will be:
- Responsive to and focused on populations and communities disproportionately impacted by the WoD.
- Grounded in science and data, while being receptive to emerging and innovative approaches.
- Advancing whole person, trauma-informed care.
- Accountable to taxpayers and stakeholders.
The CalCRG program is funded by the cannabis excise and cultivation taxes imposed by Revenue and Taxation Code sections 34011 and 34012, respectively. Contingent upon sufficient tax proceeds generated, the funding for the grant program is as follows:
- $30 million in fiscal year 2020-21 (July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021)
- $40 million in fiscal year 2021-22 (July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022)
- $50 million in fiscal year 2022-23 (July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023) and each year thereafter
At least 50 percent of the grant funding will be allocated to qualified community-based nonprofit organizations.
For questions or technical assistance about the California Community Reinvestment Grants program, email us or call (916) 322-2683.
If you would like to receive periodic updates about the grant program and future workshops and/or grant solicitations, please subscribe to the California Community Reinvestment Grants program email distribution list by selecting the “Subscribe” button below.