California is the global leader in technological innovation. California’s tech workforce is 1.8 million strong – nearly twice as many as the next ranked state – and added more jobs than any other state since 2010. Technology-based businesses from custom software services to tech manufacturing call California home, more than anywhere else in the nation. And no state’s tech industry is as productive as California’s, accounting for over a quarter of the national tech productivity alone3.
When it comes to developing the newest technologies, there is no better place than California. Most of the world’s top investors in artificial intelligence are based in California4 and nearly half of all AI investment deals in 2018 happened here5. The nation’s #1 rated university programs for computer science6 and the largest network of public universities are right here7. With continued investments in integrated K-16 education and expanded broadband, California will stay at the forefront of emerging tech.
California Competes Tax Credit
The California Competes Tax Credit is an income tax credit available to businesses who want to relocate, stay, or grow in California. Our team provides no-cost consultations to see if your business qualifies.
Research & Development Tax Credit
A business may qualify for an income tax credit if it paid for or incurred qualified research expenses while conducting qualified research activity in California. Qualified research expenses include wages, supplies, and contract research costs.
Employment Training Panel
The Employment Training Panel (ETP) provides funding to employers for training that upgrades the skills of their workers.
1. CompTIA – cyberstates 2020
2. CompTIA – cyberstates 2020
3. CompTIA – cyberstates 2020
4. Startup Genome, “Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2019,”
5. CB Insights, “The United States of Artificial Intelligence Startups,”
6. US News and World Report, “Best Computer Science Schools,” accessed December 17, 2019
7. California State University, “2019 Fact Book”
8. International Trade Administration
9. US.GOV list of federal agencies
10. Bureau of Labor Statistics