California Competes Tax Credit
California Competes Tax Credit
The California Competes Tax Credit (CCTC) is an income tax credit available to businesses that want to locate in California or stay and grow in California. Businesses of any industry, size, or location compete for over $180 million available in tax credits by applying in one of the three application periods each year. Applicants will be analyzed based on twelve different factors of evaluation, including number of full-time jobs being created, amount of investment, and strategic importance to the state or region.
Application Period Timeline
For fiscal year 2021-2022, GO-Biz will accept applications for the California Competes Tax Credit during the following periods:
- July 26, 2021 – August 16, 2021
- January 3, 2022 – January 24, 2022
- March 7, 2022 – March 28, 2022
Please refer to the Notice California Competes Tax Credit Fiscal Year 2021-22 for more information.
California Competes Tax Credit Webinar Information
Prior to each application period, GO-Biz hosts online webinars about the California Competes Tax Credit program. Each webinar consists of a 45-minute presentation, followed by a question and answer session. Each presentation includes the following:
- Overview of the program
- Program goals and evaluation criteria
- Step-by-step instructions through the application process
All businesses are encouraged to participate in our webinars to receive instructions on how to apply. Below is a list of our upcoming webinars.
|July 28, 2021||9:30-10:30 a.m. PDT||Details and Registration|
|August 5, 2021||4:00-5:00 p.m. PDT||Details and Registration|
|August 10, 2021||11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. PDT||Details and Registration|
- FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions about the CCTC program
- California Competes PowerPoint – a PowerPoint overview of the CCTC program
- Application Guide – instructions on how to complete each section of the CCTC application
- Application Tutorial Videos – 14-video playlist containing detailed instructional videos on how to complete the CCTC application
- Awardee List – a comprehensive list of every business that has received a California Competes Tax Credit
- High Unemployment and Poverty Areas – list of every city and county that qualifies as a high unemployment and/or poverty area for the CCTC
- Taller de inscripción al Programa del Crédito Fiscal California Competes – una descripción general del programa CCTC (Powerpoint)
- Crédito de impuestos California Compite Guía de solicitud – instrucciones sobre cómo completar cada sección de la solicitud CCTC
- CCTC Flyer – one page handout for parties interested in the CCTC program
- California Competes Tax Credit Regulations – California Code of Regulations for the CCTC program.
- Publications – Access to CCTC Agendas, Minutes, and Fiscal Year Notice
- Franchise Tax Board Compliance Process – PowerPoint overview of the Franchise Tax Board’s books and records review process
- California Competes Grant Flyer – one page handout for parties interested in the California Competes Grant program