In 2018/19, GO-Biz was allocated $23 million in General Fund funding to support three grant programs for small business technical assistance centers throughout California. The Small Business Technical Assistance Expansion Program (SB TAEP) provides $17 million each year through 2022-23 to expand small business services, such as free or low-cost one-on-one consulting and low-cost training. The program’s funding is focused on services to underserved business groups, including women, people of color, veterans and low-wealth, rural, and disaster impacted communities. The program allocates funding through a competitive grant process each year.
The 2018/19 budget also included the continuation of $3 million in annual funding through 2022-23 for the Capital Infusion Program (CIP), which supports one-on-one business consulting provided by the Small Business Development Network to assist small businesses in accessing capital. The 2018/19 budget also allocated $3 million in one-time local cash match grants for the Technical Assistance Program (TAP) which supports other federal small business technical assistance centers. This one-time local cash match grant sunsets September 30, 2019.
Grant Announcements (Current)
- 2019-20 TAEP Program Announcement
- 2019-20 TAEP Program Announcement : Attachment A: Intake Sheet
- 2019-20 TAEP Program Announcement: Attachment B: Budget Justification
- SB TAEP Pre-Bid Webinar PowerPoint
- SB TAEP Pre-Bid Webinar Questions and Answers
- 2018-19 SB TAEP Program Announcement
- 2018-19 CIP Grant Announcement
- 2018-19 SB TAP Grant Announcement