California State Trade Expansion Program (STEP)
California STEP goals are simple:
- If you are exporting, we’d like to help you export more.
- If you are not exporting, we’d like to help you get started.
California STEP can provide information on:
- Opportunities to connect with overseas buyers
- How to maximize marketing efforts through overseas trade shows
STEP helps small businesses by:
- Supporting participation in foreign trade missions
- Facilitating foreign trade shows and other export promotion activities.
Qualifications for STEP
- Comply with SBA size standards found at 13 C.F.R. Part 121
- Have been in business for at least a 1-year period by the date on which assistance is provided
- Operating and incorporated in the United States
- Demonstrated understanding of the costs associated with exporting and doing business with foreign purchasers, including the costs of freight forwarding, customs brokers, packing, and shipping
- Exporting goods or services of U.S. origin or that have at least 51% or more U.S. content.
Special Advisor for International Trade & GO-Biz STEP Manager
California Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development
California STEP Director
Riverside Community College District Center for International Trade Development