The California Employer Advisory Council (CEAC) is a nonprofit, statewide umbrella organization with approximately 50 local Employer Advisory Councils (EAC) throughout the State. The CEAC and local EACs are recognized by state and federal government as the premier information resource on employment and workforce development issues. The CEAC:
- Provides links between employers, EACs, the Employment Development Department (EDD), and the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Identifies problems affecting employers that have statewide or national implications.
- Proposes and reviews legislation dealing with employer-related issues.
- Recommends changes to state and federal employment laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Assists EDD in marketing its services.
- Coordinates and disseminates employment information to EAC members.