The GO-Biz has developed an internship program to provide students and recent graduates with an opportunity to learn more about public service and economic development and to develop their professional skills. Interns will assist senior staff with work projects and will gain a greater understanding of how California state government functions.
GO-Biz was created by Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. to serve as California’s single point of contact for economic development and job creation efforts. GO-Biz offers a range of services to business owners including: attraction, retention and expansion services, site selection, permit streamlining, clearing of regulatory hurdles, small business assistance, international trade development, assistance with state government, and much more.
GO-Biz includes the following units listed below:
- Business Investment Services
- CA Made Program
- California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank (IBank)
- California Completes Tax Credit Program
- External Affairs
- Information Technology
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- International Affairs and Business Development
- Legislative Affairs
- Office of the Small Business Advocate
- Permit Assistance
Note: Not all units listed above will have internship opportunities available.